Last weekend was the big Michigan/Michigan State game and I think we started a new tradition in our family. Walking tacos were a hit and it was great to prepare everything in advance and then visit with everyone. I can’t wait to take these on the road for our next tailgating adventure. GO STATE!
Ingredients – Makes 8
8 Lunch size paper bags
4 Large sheets of foil cut in 1/2
Large Bag Original Flavor Fritos
2 Pounds Ground Beef
1 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Taco Seasoning
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 and 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 Cans Hormel Chili with Beans
1 White Onion – chopped
2 Cups Mexican Cheese – shredded
2 Cups Lettuce – shredded
3 Roma Tomatoes – diced
2 Ripe Avocados – chopped
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
Cut off the top half of the paper bag
Line the inside with the foil
Add about a 1/2 cup of fritos to each bag
1. Brown the ground beef in a large pan.
2. Mix the taco seasoning with the water and add to the ground beef.
3. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes until water is almost gone, set aside
1. Heat up the chili in a pot on low until heated through.
1. Prepare all of the toppings and arrange with the walk abouts in a nice display.
2. Have your guests build their walking tacos with the taco meat and/or chili and toppings